Ngaga Camp, located just outside the park boundary in the Ndzehe concession, overlooks a beautiful open glade within a primary forest above a forest stream. The Camp is situated within the overlapping home ranges of several groups of western lowland gorillas, two of which are habituated.
Ngaga is truly gorilla central. A focal point for world-class research, as well as unforgettable primate encounters, Ngaga Camp’s unique design, evokes the fun and mystery of childhood treehouses. From the six elevated guest rooms, wraparound walkways allow you to peer directly into the forest canopy. Like Lango, the Camp is constructed from natural materials using traditional techniques.
Ngaga Camp capacity
Ngaga camp has 6 en suite chalets that perfectly overlook a beautiful open glade within a primary forest above a forest stream.
Location of Ngaga Camp
The camp is located in Odzala kokoua national park within the overlapping home ranges of several groups of western lowland gorillas, two of which are habituated.
How to get to Ngaga Camp
Things to do while at Ngaga Camp
Tracking habituated groups of western lowland gorillas through the rainforest. Explore the Ndzehe Forest on a network of well-maintained trails a very different experience to the swampy terrain at Lango.
- Night walks in search of nocturnal primates and other shy forest species.
- Take time to admire and even commune with giant forest trees.
- Spend time just looking around you at the colors and shapes of insects, seed pods, fungi, and orchids
- Don’t forget to look up turaco, hornbills, and other impressive forest birds
- Cool off in a clear forest stream after a day tracking gorillas
- Visit nearby Ombo village to learn more about sustainable forest lifestyles and how people make the most of all that Nature provides in such a remote location.
- Experience the forest by night, in search of strange nocturnal creatures
Lodge grade by Wilderness Explorers Africa Experts
Our experts rate Ngaga camp 8/10 rustic exclusive camp perfect for gorilla trekking in the Republic of Congo.