Nestled in a dense gallery forest with each room, the dining room, lounge, and bar area are all on raised decks overlooking the Lango bai, and are constructed from natural materials such as locally woven raffia palm panels.
Raised walkways connecting the rooms to the public areas wind through the gallery forest. A star deck and fire pit are placed on a dropped deck overlooking the bai for after-dinner relaxation and star-gazing.
Lango Camp capacity
Lango camp has six guest rooms are raised to the level of the surrounding gallery forest, giving incredible views out onto the open marshy bai in front of the Camp one of the most arresting views of any Camp in Africa. The bai holds a magnetic attraction for huge flocks of African green pigeons and African grey parrots, as well as for herds of forest buffalo by day and forest elephants by night.
Location of Lango Camp
Lango’s strategic location in the south-central part of Odzala allows easy access to a variety of converging habitats. A real highlight of your stay at Lango is the chance to explore the Lekoli and Mambili Rivers by motorboat, traditional pirogue, or even kayak. Lango is also one of the few places in Africa where you can safely explore streams and marshes on foot a truly immersive experience.
How to get to Lango Camp
The only way to get to Lango camp in Odzala Kokoua national park is by charter flights from Brazzaville which land near the rainforest and then a 4×4 transfer to the Lodge.
Things to do while at Lango Camp
- Exploring the bai and associated swampy open areas, the Lekoli River and surrounding savannah and forest areas
- Spot wildlife from the Camp: Forest Buffalo and Harnessed Bushbuck are regular visitors to the bai
- Enjoy the antics of resident Guereza colobus monkeys
- Walk (and wade) the (Lango) bai and savannah
- Adventure trails along the edges of forested areas give insights into the arboreal world
- Spot dwarf crocodiles, forest ducks and kingfishers, and maybe even a hippo
- Look out for hyena, aardvark, and Serval on savannah game drives by day and night
- Enjoy a chorus of strangely melodious forest sounds after dark
Lodge grade by Wilderness Explorers Africa Experts
Our experts rate Lango Camp 8/ 10 rustic exclusive camp perfect for gorilla trekking in Odzala kokoua national park.