What other things can one do after chimpanzee trekking in Uganda?
What other things can one do after a chimpanzee trekking in Uganda?
Chimpanzee trekking is the second most sought-after primate activity after gorilla trekking in Uganda, after following the chimpanzees on the wet grounds of Uganda’s dense forest cover many travelers will start to plan on what other things they can do after the exceptional one hour with the chimpanzees.
On our tailor-made safari adventures, all activities will be planned ahead by our travel experts and you will not need to hustle about what to do after chimpanzee trekking.
What other things you can do after chimpanzees trekking entirely depend on where you trek the chimpanzees from and our experts have broken it down for you in this article.
#1-Kibale forest national park
After chimpanzee trekking in Kibale forest national park guests can do activities in and around the mighty forest, this can range from community activities to Nature walks or adventurers hikes around the crater Lakes in this area some of the activities include
- Birding watching in the forest
- Visit the Bigodi wetlands for a primate walk.
- Visit the Bigodi community for a cultural experience.
- Visit the explosive craters
- Nocturnal primate night walks
# 2-Kyambura gorge and Kalinzu forest
Kyambura gorge is located in Queen Elizabeth national park and Kalinzu forest is located 20 minutes from Queen Elizabeth after chimpanzee trekking you can enjoy activities like
- Boat cruise on Kazinga channel
- Game drives in Kasenyi plains
- Explosive crater drive
- Search for tree-climbing lions in Ishasha
- visit the salt lakes in the park
- Bird watching
- Lion tracking with researchers
#3-Budongo forest reserve
Budongo forest reserve is located in Murchison falls National Park and is Uganda’s biggest protected area after chimpanzee trekking you can enjoy activities like
- Visit the top of Murchison falls
- Boat cruise to the bottom of the falls
- Game drives in the Nile delta
- Rhino trekking in Ziwa Rhino sanctuary
- Bird watching in Royal mile.